(BTW, I'm pretty sure the computer I'm on right now is about to blow up).
I don't have much to say right now except Christmas 2010 was the best ever. Why? Because I finally had a white Christmas!!
I am an obsessive weather checker... sometimes, I think I have a problem. So I knew it was going to snow on Christmas, but I didn't expect that much snow! To be fair, these pictures make it look like a lot more snow than it really was because they were taken on the golf course behind Travis's house... but still, it was a certifiable white Christmas. I'm not a huge fan of living in the South lately (I need to remind myself to write a post about my love affair with the Midwest soon), so I love any occurrence that makes me feel like I live somewhere different. Christmas day made me feel like I was living out my dream of living in a small town in Illinois.
Oh! And my sweet boyfriend got me a nook color!
Excellent gift-giving skills are just a small slice of Travis's greatness. Since he moved to Texas, I've been better able to appreciate (and miss) all of his wonderful facets. Distance has been hard, but not as hard as it has been in my past relationships. We both made extremely mature and forward-thinking decisions to do graduate school apart, and it will pay off in the end. In10 years. When he finally graduates with his PhD in Physics. And I'll probably be working at Starbucks because I'll never find a teaching job. So basically we're going to be extremely poor. But at least we'll be educated. Kind of.
No comments:
Post a Comment